The Sitting Fox Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-enactments, Rendezvous, Encampments, Primitive Living Life Styles.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boy does this bring back memories

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boy does this bring back memories Empty Boy does this bring back memories Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:11 am

Hiverano

Hiverano

Boy does this bring back memories, even getting wet crossing streams ...  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBDWrKNYxNI

My grandfather had 1,500 acres near Penn State (middle of PA), we ate and slept hunting on that ground from 1945 (first hunt) until he passed on in 1955 (place was sold) !@#$%^

In 1980 I was President of the Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association, we are at the State Championships in Leadville CO. The shoot is underway and we call for a meeting that evening.  At dark we are in a 20 foot tipi (packed with members inside and out). The subject changed from normal business to folks talking about other state's rules - the subject comes up and I mention Pennsylvania's Flintlock Only season.

Someone outside the tipi runs around the encampment saying "Conner wants a flintlock only season".

We breakup the meeting a short time later and here's a half dozen guys wanting to fight over a flintlock only season. Those in the tipi couldn't believe what they are seeing or hearing, it took a lot of explaining and then grabbing the guy that spread the word.  !@#$%^

Boy does this bring back memories Bottom38

https://sitting-fox-agency.forumotion.com

2Boy does this bring back memories Empty Re: Boy does this bring back memories Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:23 pm

Hiverano

Hiverano

That young man getting wet was nothing.

Try crossing a wide stream with a rifle in each hand and keeping your balance while gently sliding across a 8 inch log.

• (the shit factor) Have your dumb ass cousin thinks jumping on the end of the log I walking would be funny.

I thought the creek wasn't that deep until I went in backwards dropping both guns as I broke through the ice. One of the guns a custom Mauser belonged to my father (I'm dead if I can't retrieve it) along with my new Winchester 88.

I tried to get to my feet and found the water was over my head, came to the surface got air and went back down. Found the Winchester right away and took it to the bank. Looked at dumb ass, he knew he was going to pay big time. Went back down two times before finding my dad's gun.

Got back on solid ground and the first thing was introduce dumb ass to the creek with a good kick in the crouch that put in over his head. At the moment I didn't really care if he drown or not. My dad made me go back in and get the turd.

We only had to go about 1/2 a mile to the house, our clothes were frozen on us in the distance. I can still hear the ice breaking with each step. My Uncle saw us coming up the drive and ask my dad what happened, then remarked that I shouldn't have kicked his son but thanked me for retrieving him. My Uncle started to say something and my dad stopped him and said "if the trigger wasn't frozen on my rifle he would have been blown apart at close range." Nothing else was said ....

Boy does this bring back memories Lorran10

Last edited by Hiverano on Mon May 01, 2023 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

3Boy does this bring back memories Empty Re: Boy does this bring back memories Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:18 pm

Francisco

Francisco

JUST YOUR LUCK BUD ...

4Boy does this bring back memories Empty Re: Boy does this bring back memories Sun May 01, 2022 11:27 am

Hiverano

Hiverano

I remember that dunking like it was yesterday. My dad damn near drowned me making go back under for the rifles.

Boy does this bring back memories Best_o15

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum